24 July 2009

Game Highlights: Real SL vs. FC Dallas

The return of Will Johnson - I'll let Jen comment to let you know why this is a highlight.

Will Johnson's end of game jersey removal (immediately followed by Jen swooning and almost passing out).

A red-card ejection from the game for Jason Kreis, RSL Head Coach. I'm not sure if anyone truly knows why this happened.

The 2 goals scored by Yura Movsisyan during the second half (and he has an injured hand people).

Ned Grabavoy... just because he's Ned Grabavoy

Nick Rimando and the amazing penalty kick catch

The belly bumps (upon blocking the ball/scoring a goal) by Nat Borchers/Nick Rimando & Yura Movsisyan/Some RSL player on the side lines

Deciding to cheer to compensate for the irritating people behind us... and also knowing that they were not season ticket holders


The grasshopper invasion... and how a little Hopper landed on Jen's visor

Cindi's comment of how the Grasshopper invasion was the little insects way of celebrating Pioneer Day. My question was where are all of the Sea Gulls?

Fireworks to a random assortment of songs (Kelly Clarkson, the score from Harry Potter 4, Blur's "Song #2, other classical tunes)

RSL winning the game 4-2

4 comments:

Jen-Knee said...

My cute little Will Johnson (#8), has been playing on the Canadian team for the last month and he has been greatly missed, eh. Sadly, the jersey removal did bring out a side of me I'm not proud of..... but you were not there! He is completly adorable and has a sweet tattoo on his back. Plus, he is a member of the cougar club.

Tarika said...

Jen-Knee is also failing to mention that he falls into the white and pasty sort.

Ian Joy who hasn't been playing is definitely more my style...YUMMY! Can't wait for the All-Star game!

Cindi Lou said...

My player of choice is Chris Wingert (#17), yum.

This was my favorite game after the amazing 6-0 win over DC United. Thanks for blogging about it!

Stac said...

It was a GREAT game!! and I can't wait for the MLS All-Star game... I miss Kyle Beckerman.