01 January 2010

What I Want to Do in 2010


Is it me or was last year exhausting? I'm not one for resolutions. I'm always saying I should lose a couple of pounds, save money, be a better person... why do I need to make some sort of commitment at the first of the year? Resolutions are meant to be broken... they don't last.

But this year... I've challenged myself to a few goals.

I've made a pact of sorts with Jen and Cindi. We are going to watch AFI's top 100 films (along with the extras in the 2008 update of this list). My only issue is that many of these films I have not seen for a reason - they don't interest me in the slightest. But I am up for the challenge. The only film I refuse to watch again is "Clockwork Orange". That movie is a trippy mid-century version of the future complete with a graphic rape scene - no thank you.




Finish school. This one should be easy since I'm scheduled to finish at the end of the Spring 2010 semester with my B.S. in Communication Technology. B.S. is right... but at least I'll be finished.






Be able to walk up the three flights of stairs at my work without feeling winded. This will be the exercise challenge of the year.







Remodel the kitchen.








Befriend someone new.

Write a story.

Go on vacation.

Try something new.

Learn a new skill.

Attend a new artistic performance or exhibit.








Read a classic.














Work on my crappy high school French.












Become a ghost hunter.

2 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

can i be a ghost hunter with you?

Stac said...

of course... I was thinking this summer. Jen wants to as well.