04 July 2010

I want my FUSE TV


The only reason I wanted to get the package that was a little more pricey with my DISH Network satellite TV was because it included AMC and FUSE.

AMC fortunately is still available. My ability to watch Mad Men when it returns later this month is not impaired. Unfortunately, my ability to watch my favorite music channel, FUSE, is no longer available. In fact, my ability to watch any music channel is impaired because MTV long ago decided that being Music Television was not as lucrative as being the hub of crappy reality TV.

For those who are out of the loop, satellite provider - DISH Network - apparently decided to remove FUSE from it's channel line up and as of July 1st I've been without one of my favorite channel surfing stops. Instead DISH has inserted PLDIA - a channel that plays lame MTV, CMA and other music channel cast off programming. I mean, if I wanted the CMT Awards reruns I would've watched it on CMT when it aired the first time. If I wanted to watch the 2008 broadcast of the Isle Festival, I would go to a therapist because nobody wants to see that.

I want my FUSE TV!!!

I guess I'm just not understanding the reason behind the switch. I mean, there was no competition. MTV, MTV2 and VH1 have long forgotten that they were channels founded on the premise that viewers could catch a video or performance from their favorite groups of all music genres. MTV began to only show lame reality TV shows and music lovers rebelled wanting to see MUSIC. In an attempt to appease the music viewing masses, Viacom added a second music channel MTV2 to play music videos and other music-based programing. This lasted for a few years and then MTV2 also lost its way and began the downward spiral into reality TV land with the occasional after midnight showing of an hour or two of music videos. VH1 caters to an older more mild rock music lover and CMA caters to the country music fan - they were not threatened by FUSE as the demographic was different.

Boo to you DISH Network. Your inability to give me what I want makes me want to change back to DirecTV or cable. And maybe I will...

If you also find this irritating, go to I WANT MY FUSE TV and email DISH to get the best music channel back.

1 comment:

nustar1 said...

Don't worry, I feel ur pain. I miss Warped Wednesdays so much. I actually found a petition that helps support being Fuse back. Here's the link:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/iwantfusetvback
Fight the power! :)