05 September 2009

India Fusion and the Breast Feeding Painting

I wish I had been collected enough to snag a picture but I was just shocked at how tacky the painting was.

Tonight, I ate a delicious dinner at India Fusion with some friends. At some point during the meal I went to use the facilities. Now I've used them before but never noticed the gaudy art piece in the women's leu. I guess I was just, uh, busy. Anyway, Jen mentioned this great work of art and so I made a point to notice. And how could I not. The 3 foot by 5 foot painting was hung above the chair rail and right in view of anyone who was sitting on the porcelain throne.

The fact that the restaurant had displayed art in the restroom was not the shocking bit - it was the image on the painting. The image was a simple yet almost "Madonna and Child"-esque pose except for the fact that the mother was breast feeding the child. My first question is this: Is this something that one would say "Hey, I want to paint that!"? And then who decided that it should go in the women's restroom right in front of the toilet?

The other thing that was special about their restroom was the fact that it was a single-user lavatory. So it's just you... in the giant room... doing your business... with the breast feeding painting. But it gets better because if you do not continually move, the motion sensor lights shut off about every minute. So then you are in the giant room with the painting waving your hand up and down like a ninny.

While the facilities are quite a production, the food is excellent, the wait staff is hopping, and on weekends they have belly dancers shaking it to India's own style of hip-hop. All in all it's a win-win situation.

2 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

It was fun! I am super sad I missed out on the breastfeeding mamma in the bathroom! darn it! Next time!

Alienfloyd said...

It's natural, normal something you see everyday.