30 June 2008

But Jesus won't make you fire retardant


The Showtime series “Weeds” is in my top ten. It’s a hilarious romp through suburbia with, Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker), a pot dealin’ soccer mom as the tour guide. While not a show for everyone, the writing is witty and comical as Nancy sells her MILF weed to everyone from the local accountant/city councilman (Kevin Nealon) to Snoop Dogg.

I was filled with glee and enjoyment when I finally received my "Weeds" DVDs in the mail (online DVD renting is another one of my favorites). If you aren't sure about the show, I've listed a few reasons why I'm hooked and watched the entire season in one weekend.

Reasons to watch “Weeds”:


The addition of Mary-Kate Olsen to the cast for the third season as Tara a pot lovin’ virgin whom Nancy’s teenage son, Silas (Hunter Parrish), pines over.



Nancy’s brother-in-law going to Sex Anonymous to pick up on chicks.

An ex-city councilman who steals a giant cross during a feud and uses it to light a marijuana grow house.





Jeffrey Dean Morgan in one episode… need I say more.









Zooey Deschanel’s character leaving 12-year-old Shane Botwin to fend for himself at a diner with a large hippie bus and money stolen from a tampon machine.

The same 12-year-old Shane Botwin attempting to drive the hippie bus after duct taping stuff to the pedals so he can reach them.

And my favorite…

an exchange of dialog that starts with “Jesus will protect us” and ends with “But Jesus won’t make you fire retardant.”

7 comments:

Tarika said...

This show sounds pretty funny...I will have to check it out when I have some time...is it a coincedence that you like a show about weed and your initials are smp??? :D

Jen-Knee said...

Jeffery Dean Morgan, you have NEVER mentioned this so now I will have to watch. My favorite thing about this post is that you used the words romp and glee. You amaze me.

Alienfloyd said...

Lori and I have watched this monstrosity and loved it. Dang Showtime.

Tooele Brezoff said...

Yes we will never admit to any one but you but we like this whitty nastyfest!

welcome to the Blog world!

BrittneyandDoug said...

I totally need to watch this show. I have never had Showtime, so I haven't had the opportunity to preview it. But I will rent it! You sold me on it!!

Jen-Knee said...

Dude, it's almost been a month since you have posted something new....

BrittneyandDoug said...

I agree with Jen...where are your rants!! I miss reading them!!