11 June 2008

STP, beer and butt grabbing


I've been anxiously awaiting the day when I could see Scott Weiland live in SLC. But I always thought he'd be on tour with Velvet Revolver as Stone Temple Pilots hasn't toured or release an album in a while. Tonight Scott Weiland and crew rocked the stage at the E-Center in West Valley City. Their openning band - a SLC group called Royal Bliss was actually really good. I'd recommend their show to anyone, especially if it's in a bar. Once the local bar band ended their set two drunk guys sitting behind Jen and I began chanting "STP! STP!" I left for the restroom and upon my return the drinking two had multiplied into four. I sat and listened to their one-uping as the roadies set up for STP.

The lights lowered and the band trickled on stage amid cheers from the energetic crowd. As Weiland took the stage everyone rose to their feet screaming. The excitement continued as they played hit after hit. Weiland began in a suit and red fadora hat. Slowly as the night wore on Weiland stripped his hat, jacket, vest, tie and eventually shirt.

With a crowd of 90% over 21-years-old, most of the audience was drinking and/or drunk. This created an interesting group including the mini mosh pit of two that became four in the row in front of us and the extremely inebriated woman that kept smacking our butts as she tried to get Jen and I to dance.

STP is definitely a band to see live. Between the crazy crowd, Weiland's dance moves and the amazing show, one would never leave disappointed.

2 comments:

Tarika said...

Oh I love to hear about your concerts...and the crazy drunks that you get involved with...I can't wait until the next story. Was Weiland hot or not with out the shirt? No details??? I was a little shocked...

BrittneyandDoug said...

I so agree with tarika, I love to hear about your concerts! Have I told you lately that I am so glad you blog, I should thank the person that made you start ;)