15 January 2009

And the Sleep Deprivation Begins

In the middle of the first week of school for the spring 2009 semester I realized that I really should just suck it up and finished soon. It's not because I hate school (okay I do sometimes) or that I want to move on from my current job, it's just because I'm am feeling too old to be working 8 hours a day Monday thru Friday, taking two classes early Monday and Wednesday mornings, and teaching 5-6 year olds in primary every other week while trying to have some semblance of a social life.

It's only week one and I'm tired. I don't think I'm as sleep deprived as my two co-workers with newborns that won't sleep but still, I feel that I have a valid rant here. Its just really hard to do all the responsible stuff (work, school, church, home chores) and the fun stuff (friends, media). I remember at 19-years-old I was able to work all day, hang out with friends until late then go swimming from midnight to 5 AM, and then get up for work at 9 AM to work another 8 hour shift.

Now when I think about not getting my full eight hours of sleep I want to just whine or cry. It's amazing how much getting old sucks. This is why people go through college from 18-22 - they have more stamina. Or maybe all that sleeping done during high school allows for the absence of it during college.

While I am ranting I do really like my classes so far. My Web Design class will be good cuz then I'll be able to spice up my blog and MySpace page. My instructor is a web designer and he's very laid back. Check out my progress by clicking here.

My other class will be hard but interesting, it's Mass Communication Law. The whole class is looking at the law that impacts communication like the First Amendment, Censorship, Copyright, Libel, etc. My instructor is a little certifiable but VERY engaging.

Anywho, I'll keep you posted on my website and the insanity of my mass comm law prof. If anything this semester will be anything but boring.

4 comments:

Tarika said...

I think that this is fully valid rant. I would rant with you , but I am sure that everyone around me is sick of my ranting...why you ask...because I just realized that even though it sucks...I am still the one doing this to myself. So I quit ranting and realized that this is just my life!

BrittneyandDoug said...

So true! I did finish college in the the 19-22 age range so I didn't feel the full effects being old and not sleeping until I had Adler than it got better once he was older. Than I got a night job...and at my old age it is very hard to function on 4-5 hours of sleep! I feel for you, good luck this semester we will have to have a big party once your done, maybe it can be a slumber party hehehehe!

Jen-Knee said...

STacie you're awesome!

Bekah said...

Oh Stac! I feel for you I do and totally understand where you are coming from.... This part of life, although joyous and very eventful, is just so draining. Dont give up though. You can do it! Who is your mass comm law teacher? Did you get Vergobi? Hope it gets better for you!