02 January 2009

Dirty Little Secret

After an entire day of pulling weird stuff out of my parents kitchen during an early spring cleaning marathon, I took a much needed break. My mom and I worked for over eight hours on those items that get shoved into weird spaces in cabinets, cupboards and closets. (We're still going... there are more closets with more stuff). For dinner my mom and I grabbed some food and went to watch a movie (the kitchen table is currently loaded with recipe books). We watched The House Bunny starring Anna Faris who is great at playing that clueless blond. One of the side characters is Colby, a goofy frat boy in love with one of the sorority girls. Colby is played by All-American Rejects singer Tyson Ritter. This connection got me to thinking about the band and their music. I really like the song and the video for Dirty Little Secret. It's funny and the video was ingenious. But what I didn't know - until Angie told me - was that there is an actual place people send postcards with their dirty little secrets. The postcards are then uploaded onto a blog called PostSecret for all the read. So while I'm de-junking my parents house you can enjoy reading some really intriguing secrets. I wonder if it's liberating to just write down your biggest fear, annoyance, secret, action, etc. and then let strangers read it?

Dirty Little Website

Dirty Little Video

2 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Sounds like fun! Do you think you and your mom could come and clean out my kitchen?

Alienfloyd said...

Dear Dirty Little Secrets,

Sometimes when I'm home alone I watch Oprah and cry like a baby.
She's the man.

Weepy in Tooele!