26 January 2009

Underwho?

One of my BFFs is quite obsessed with the pasty white Brits that have taken over the big screen here in our little U.S. of A. (If you don't know who I'm referencing, it's okay... just blogstalk some of my friends.) What's funny is that I think that its contagious, I'm now obsessed with a pasty British guy.

Michael Sheen... at first look the guy isn't really that attractive (yes, I know this). But when you see the film "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" you'll understand my obsession. If you say, Underwha? then you need to jump out of the hole you're in and IMDB the "Underworld" trilogy. They are sci-fi, about vampires and lycans, and filled with great action sequences. 

In the first flick, Kate Beckinsale reigns as a leather-wearing Death Dealer who's part of the vampire clan. Her job is to rid the world (or Underworld) of Lycans (another name for werewolves). In her quest she discovers that hottie Scott Speedman has been turned into her mortal enemy by none other than the first lycan, Lucian (Sheen). There are battles and truths discovered about who Lucian really is and why the war between vamps and lycans began. "Underworld" reveals the truth and begins the end of the war - which is continued in "Underworld: Evolution." 

The new film released last week expands on the beginning of the war which is a prequel to the first two "Underworld" films. Focusing on Sheen's character Lucian you discover that there is a very Romeo and Juliet feel to the whole thing. There's nothing like forbidden love mixed with stellar fight sequences in the rain. In "Rise of the Lycans," Lucian (Sheen) shows passion for his beloved and will do anything for her including scaling a mountain for a secret rendezvous. 

I know I'm obsessed but what can I say? It's probably just the story in the film, the character of Lucian and all of that is messing with my hormones. But it just might be that this British fever is catching.


"Underworld: Rise of the Lycans"

4 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

mmmm...I loves me a pasty white brit!

BrittneyandDoug said...

I would say you are just a little obsessed with it! I guess I need to crawl out of my hole and see them!

Jen-Knee said...

So which of your friends is lovin the pasty white british guys... my guess is Dani.
I might have to break down and see Underworld in order to understand this obsession since the only film I've seen Michael Sheen in he is seriously NOT cute. But hey, who am I to talk.

Alienfloyd said...

No Kate! No way! I don't know if I can see it now.