19 February 2009

Project: Save 'Reaper'


Get hooked on a witty show that takes a cue from Joss Whedon's school of TV writing, "Reaper" fuses sarcasm, impeccable dialog and a great cast to create something that is highly entertaining. The second season starts up on March 3 on The CW. If you're wondering why watch a show called "Reaper"... then read on.


1. Reaper is what happens when an underachieving home improvement store employee, Sam, learns on his 21st birthday that his parents have sold his soul to the devil... who now expects him to hunt escaped souls from Hell.

Sam's dad: There's something I... I have to tell you. I, uh, I probably should have told you this a long time ago. I, uh... Before you were born, your Mom and I... sold your soul to the Devil.





2. The devil is a snappy dresser and comes in the form of Ray Wise (of "Twin Peaks" fame).



Devil: [pointing to a muscle-bound fireman washing the firetruck] There's your first fugitive. Broke out of Hell after 50 years for arson.

[the fireman starts flexing]

Devil: Oh, God, gag me. Look at that tool. Would you capture him already?



3. Bret Harrison (Sam) is HOT!

Sam's dad: Bad day?
Sam: Let's see, um, got chased by a pack of dogs, moved an air conditioner with my mind - oh and the Devil tried to carjack me, so overall, not a great day.



4. Sam's friends, Ben and Sock, join him in his quest to fight those pesky demon's who've escaped from Hell. Ben tries to help him defeat his first demon - a pyro - and loses his eyebrows. To make him feel better Sock decides to draw Ben's eyebrows back on with a black Sharpie.

Bert 'Sock' Wysocki: Ben would want eyebrows, and he would want us to give them to him. Say yes. Just do it.







5. Kevin Smith is involved. And lets face it (aside from Zack and Miri) Kevin Smith is just awesome.






6. Each demon is pulled, sucked or otherwise caught into a vessel (much like the Ghostbusters ghost traps). My favorite is still the first vessel in the pilot - The Dustbuster.

Ben: I take it back, Sam, that's a really evil mini-vac.


7. Vessels are taken to the DMV to return the trapped demons to hell. I mean, where else can you find hell on Earth but the DMV?

Sam: Wait. So, they're not all little vacuums?
DMV Demon: The boss gives you the vessel he thinks you can handle. You must be a real moron. [laughs]


Try the Pilot:






5 comments:

Tarika said...

This does sound really funny...but as you know with school I have to have TV on my time and I am too cheap to invest in DVR...so I watch House on DVD. I know pretty lame compared to the devil and demons.

Seany said...

Kevin Smith = Clerks = Chasing Amy = Mallrats = Good Will Hunting = Totally sweet.

But I haven't seen or heard of this.

Sean


I now dub thee the A/V Demigod. (Partial IT'er!)

Anonymous said...

If you're interested, we at ReaperDMV.com are going start an SOS campaign when the first episode airs, since waiting until the end of the season will be too late. We're going to email (and write) the CW to keep them reminded that the show's got a loyal fanbase, so hopefully they'll keep that in mind when May upfronts come and they need Reaper to fill out the schedule. :D We'll also be announcing it on our news blog too. We can reach a couple hundred, so hopefully several will join in and make an impact to the network.

BTW - if you haven't seen the trailers, there are 3 of them out, and they're all here.

pj said...

Thanks for helping to promote Reaper with your friends. And as blue_sunflowers said, if you'd like more information about the show, campaigns or just to come and chat with other fans of the show, please join us at ReaperDMV.com.

Stac said...

I just thought of another one.

8. Michael Ian Black and Ken Marino play gay, demons who try to be good as they file down their horns, attend AA type meetings for 'good' demons, and live next door to Sam, Sock and Ben.