03 February 2009

Glitter, Glitter, Everywhere

In an effort to create sparkly hearts for the walls at the St. Valentine's Day Massacre Party (email me if you'd like to come), I decided that I would use found objects around my house. I needed red and black construction paper (check), and something to make it sparkly... I thought to myself "Self, let's use the glitter hairspray from several years ago." I generally think that spray anything is better because it is easier.

So I cut the hearts and then shook the can of hairspray. I luckily moved into my bathroom for this next part. As I sprayed the hearts with glitter, several gajillion bits of the stuff went everywhere. It covered my counter, my floor, my curling iron and hot rollers, the toilet, the wall, and so on. Now I thought "Wow! I'm brillant!" and then thought that moving outside would have been a better plan. I then spent the next few days cleaning up glitter from every surface of the bathroom. I'm just glad that the toilet seat was down otherwise my rear would have been as sparkly and gay as Edward from "Twilight." (Sorry for that mental image and the "Twilight" reference for anti-Twilight people).

I figure it was all in a good cause because this Friday, Feb 13th will have a great bash all dedicated to an awesome era (the Roarin' 20s). Why is it going to be awesome? Because it's a shindig inspired by a Valentine's Day when there weren't lovers getting all goo-goo eyed but instead gangsters were shooting each other. Aahhh! Now that's true romance... too bad they didn't have red and black paper hearts covered in glitter hairspray.

3 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

The Twilight reference was funny, I am all by my self laughing! Now I know what to use on Bryan next halloween when he is Edward!
So what movie, food, all that good stuff, Bryan tells me so little!
we are still talking about ditching the ward party to come! hehe will we go to hell for ditching a ward party?
Ok your word Verification is "sweat" thought it was funny!

Tarika said...

I wish that you would have left the toilet up...it would have been a good story at work!

Jen-Knee said...

glitter bum... hehehe