06 May 2009

My Ode to Showers

What is it about hopping into that pressurized stream of water that is so soothing and almost medicinal?

I shower at night before I jump (or rather crawl) into bed. Some find this practice strange seeing as how I am an adult. But there is something about that cool water that makes me feel better. It could be a bad day, a headache, or a congested nose and it just makes it a little better, if not makes it go away all together.

For example, tonight I've felt blah since I scarfed down my orange chicken, complimentary bread and jumbo hot chocolate from Mimi's Cafe. I love their food but when I overeat my tummy says "NOOOOOOO!" and sometimes goes into reverse. I kept it down (and I know you were all wanting these details) but had heartburn and nausea... and NO this wasn't because Real SL tied LA Galaxy 2-2. BOOOO! (but that's a whole other issue). But the whole point of this is that when I came home I took my nightly shower and immediately felt better - at least good enough to publish my ode to showers on my blog.

3 comments:

Thor'sblog said...

I know what you mean its one of my favorite things too!

Tarika said...

Did you know that you can become a fan of showers on FB...yep I just saw yesterday! Anyway that is why I love my showers in the morning...just makes me feel so happy to start the day!

Alienfloyd said...

The shower wakes me from the stupor of a bad nights sleep and keeps me awake enough to drive to work where I then imbibe a caffienated beverage that lasts until lunch where another one follows...oh yeah can't really start the day without a shower, most of my inspiration occurs in the shower.