25 December 2008

A Very Chubby Puppy Christmas


Christmas has been fun this year although I still don't really think it feels like the holidays. Right now I'm cooped up in my house due to the icky white stuff falling from the sky. Last night was spent at my aunt's house with my parents, cousins and their kids. My favorite of the evening was my second cousin Brittney's son shrieking over getting a present. When he heard his name Daimen, he squealed and said, "Maimen, it's for maimen!" Watching his reaction was the best of the night after we enjoyed my aunt's nacho cheesy dip, ham, a jello salad, and of course dill dip with a relish tray. For christmas we always have a buffet of food, no formal sit down dinner.

Christmas morning was fun. Holding to tradition, I slept in and my parents woke up before I did. (Hey, it's my day off.) The 'rents gave me a stereo that plays CDs, radio, USB, and MP3 (AKA my iPod). I've already tested it out with "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by the Darkness on my iPod, my new Linkin Park CD (thanks Dani), and set my favorite stations (although most were playing Christmas music). The best Christmas was had by my fat puppy. Ellie attacked the wrapping paper and shredded it to bits after the presents were opened. Then she got her giant BoBo (the long fuzz-filled loofa dog chew toy from the PetsMart commercials) and began to de-fluff it.

Anyway, I hope you all are having a good Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Chunk of love puppy! I am happy you had a nice day! and yes icky stuff is falling out here!

BrittneyandDoug said...

I love the pic of Ellie! That sounds like an awesome Christmas! I really need to blog more!