13 August 2008

The laughter, pain... and toga parties?


So I'm a movie enthusiast. This should not be a new thing for anyone who really knows me. But I have a few films on my favorites list. National Lampoons Animal House is definitely one of those films. It's hard to explain why to anyone who has not witnessed this classic first hand.

What got me on this Animal House kick? Well, with my parents currently on vacation I'm spending more time at home. (I have to puppy sit). While I was flipping the channels I found this anniversary special with the cast and crew talking about how they made the film. I started thinking about it and Animal House is one of the funniest movies out there. It led the way for crude humored movies like American Pie and those Apatow flicks. And Bluto, Otter, Neidermeyer, Flounder and D-Day should hold a special place in film fans' hearts. If you have never watched this classic piece of cinema just drop by your local Blockbuster and pick it up. With lines like...


Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

"They confiscated everything, even the stuff we didn't steal!"

"That boy is a P-I-G pig."

...you can't go wrong!

3 comments:

Tarika said...

I know you are going to think that this is shameful...but I don't think that I have viewed this classic. If I have it was when I was a lot younger and probably didn't understand any of the jokes or humor. Maybe when I have some time I can watch it!

BrittneyandDoug said...

When I read this it was really strange. Doug was watching the same thing on TV last night, and said "do you remember Animal House? It was so funny!" He also pointed out that one of the actors looked really old, I don't remember who...

Jen-Knee said...

Great minds think alike. Animal House is on my "Movies Everyone Must See" list. The cafeteria scene is gross but so awesome at the same time.