08 August 2008

Mac Snob and the Slashy


A while ago I purchased a new MacBook. As an avid PC user at school, work and home I’m not as familiar with the Mac. I’ve periodically worked with a Mac when acting as layout editor for The Globe Newspaper at SLCC and now at the U of U with Final Cut Pro. But when I realized that the Mac was superior and it was also on sale at the U bookstore with a free iPod Touch (see Jen-Knee’s blog for the whereabouts of the iTouch) and printer, I couldn’t pass it up.

I converted.

And my MacSnobbery escalated as I already have an iPod Mini and an iPhone.


After my purchase I began to fear my new MacBook would get lonely or injured (as it was no longer protected by white Styrofoam and classy Mac cardboard packaging).

This led me to my Mac’s new friend and protector… The Slashy.

In other circles the Slashy is referred to as a laptop bag. But from the beginning my newly purchased laptop bag quickly became my purse/school bag/laptop case. Thus the name Slashy. Some might not understand my MacSnoberry and the awesomest Mac protector, The Slashy. But I will forgive them their trespasses and turn the other cheek as I watch the "Terminator Salvation" trailer on YouTube using my ultra cool new accessory.

4 comments:

Tarika said...

I fully support your MAC snobbery...as I will be joining you at the end of the month, but I will have to 1 up you on the apple accessories you will see when I get mine...anyway I am way jealous and can't wait to join the MAC snobbery!

Tooele Brezoff said...

So are you saying that you have an extra ipod? did I read that right? umm whatcha going to do with that extra one?

I must say that I love the lap top, it took my fingers a while to get use to the close keys but I love it!! I think what I love more is that when Bryan is playing his nerd games he can still be in the same room with us!

Jen-Knee said...

Though you are a MacSnob now, I will still be friend with you.... But I guess I have to for at least another 2 years. hehehe

Alienfloyd said...

I used a Mac for 4 years, and while it was very simple, when they crahed it was death. This was over six years ago so I imagine the technology is better. Or maybe I am just jealous.