06 November 2008

Parasitic, psycho, filthy creature...


... for those who have no idea what the title of this blog is... you need to be introduced to Ludo. This extremely amazing band was in SLC on 05 Nov 2008 at The Avalon. Their brand of rock, punk, and completely goofiness is refreshing. 

Ludo opened their set with energetic rock songs, slowed it down with lead man, Andrew Volpe, playing guitar and singing solo onstage, then Ludo had the crowd bunch together for a photo op and sing "Jingle Bells." Ludo performed their big single "Love Me Dead" (which I love) near the end of their set and - after returning for a single song encore - they performed the classic song "Ghostbusters." 



Jen, Vanessa, Jenn, Jane and I all stuck around after the awesome show and hummed the 80s hair metal playing over the venue speakers into our new $1 Ludo Kazoos while the roadies took down the instruments. After about 10 minutes, the band came out to greet their adoring fans. I saw the cute lead singer (Andrew Volpe), the goofy keyboardist, and the bass player as they walked to the merch table. It was a fun night that was much needed after my icky school week and the fact that it SNOWED!!! (BTW-snow is a four letter word)

Ludo plans to return to SLC in 2009 and I hope to see you there dancin' in the crowd with me and the rest of my friends.

3 comments:

Alienfloyd said...

Intruiging...I like Ghostbusters remakes.

Unknown said...

You're hideous... and sexy!!! LOVE them!

Ashley (Brittney G's friend)

BrittneyandDoug said...

One day I need to go to a concert with the "concert group" and get the feel for the "drunk group" maybe I would fit in with them, lol!