22 November 2008

Bite Me, Beyonce and Rhino

The crazies came out again... instead of the book it was the live action film for the first Stephenie Meyer book "Twilight." I left work early cuz... well, I could. I went with a co-worker to see a matinee showing of the much anticipated film. The 4:15 showing (while probably not like the midnight show) had a few overly excited girls in Twilight shirts carrying posters with Rob Pattinson's picture pasted all over that read OCD (Obsessive Cullen Disorder). This made me giggle internally. During the film, my co-worker and I kept getting into uncontrollable fits of giggles (which we did try and stifle). The problem wasn't the movie, it was the "ahhhs" and "ohhhhs" at everything Rob Pattinson (who played Edward Cullen) did on screen. After viewing the film twice (yes, twice... don't mock), I'd give the film a 3... it wasn't the 'best movie ever' but it was entertaining, filled with eye candy, and contained two great songs Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole" and Linkin Park's "Leave Out All The Rest."

After the film, I raced to an Anti-Twilight party. Ironically I drove around getting lost before watching "The Lost Boys" - what Jen called "a real vampire movie." It was great. The Corey's, the cheesy lines, the awesome music, and - of course - some shirtless, steroid guy singing during a boardwalk concert scene sporting spandex pants, a leather cod piece and a long perm-mullet.

My other weekend obsessions (non-vampiric) were the awesomely crazy Rhino the Hamster in "Bolt" and Beyonce's "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)". Rhino just made that film entertaining plus its all about pets - a great subject. And the Beyonce song is just fun and such a single girls anthem especially with lyrics like "If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it."

Check it out:


5 comments:

Tarika said...

I guess it had been so long since I had actually watch Lost Boys...I remember it being kind of creepy not as funny as it was. I loved Korey II's voice in it...what was he thinking? Hahah...I wish you could have been there earlier to see Thor's daughters and their hiliariousness.

Alienfloyd said...

Cry Little Sister is one of my favorite songs from the Lost Boys.

Tooele Brezoff said...

First off I am happy you saw Twilight it would have been a blast to see it with you and yes I giggled at the girls and moms oohhing and awwing too funny!!! Lost Boys a real vampire movie?? What? Interview with a Vampire is a real Vampire movie, long hair lots and lots of eye candy and Antonio Banderas yummy! I really wish I had been there, but some one was off camping! maybe next time!

Lamb said...

I LOVE BEYONCE! There, I said it now can we move on... I mean who doesn't? She's hot and she's.... hot... don't judge me..

Jen-Knee said...

The Beyonce song is growing on me. But I do prefer the video with Justin Timberlake...too funny.