18 November 2013

Blowholes - and I'm not talkin' name callin'

Again, I am fascinated with the Earth and all of it's crazy mysteries. I've been obsessed with maelstroms, tsunamis, and tornados... now I just uncovered a new thing - Blowholes.


Okay, so I've known about these weird things, but I just recently rediscovered them and their awesomeness. A blowhole is a blast of water that shoots out of a hole. It's formed when a sea cave gets a bunch of water flowing into it and then the water blasts out a hole in the top of the cave - like a geyser.



Now before you think I'm strange for obsessing or at least being interested, you must know that the Kiama Blowhole in Australia gets 600,000 visitors a year. That's thousands of others also interested in the strangeness of the blowhole phenomenon.




Also, blowhole sounds like a name you would call someone who's just BSing about dumb stuff. So the name is pretty funny. If you're a 4 year-old. Like I can be.

No comments: